Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express Bad

I won a free Express. Came yesterday. I have a different Roku in BR. Set Express up in LR. It found my wireless and connected and did an update. I watched it go from 0 - 99. It restarted itself. It asked for wireless info again, I entered it. Will not connect. Tried everything including reset button and unplugging over nite. Still same. Came online read some on these post. Only 3 feet from router. Maybe problem. I then took to BR and tried there. Same thing. I can see it has an address and proper MAC on my router though stating it has no connection. Is it just a bad one?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Express Bad

For some reason Rokus often can't get through the initial update when connected to a perfectly fine network.  The solution usually is to use a phone as a hotspot and connect to that just to get through the initial setup.

0 Kudos