Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD1701a
Level 7

Roku Express Bad

I won a free Express. Came yesterday. I have a different Roku in BR. Set Express up in LR. It found my wireless and connected and did an update. I watched it go from 0 - 99. It restarted itself. It asked for wireless info again, I entered it. Will not connect. Tried everything including reset button and unplugging over nite. Still same. Came online read some on these post. Only 3 feet from router. Maybe problem. I then took to BR and tried there. Same thing. I can see it has an address and proper MAC on my router though stating it has no connection. Is it just a bad one?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Bad

For some reason Rokus often can't get through the initial update when connected to a perfectly fine network.  The solution usually is to use a phone as a hotspot and connect to that just to get through the initial setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos