Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error code 18 issue also

Having the exact same issue.  Recently got a new mesh router system, and everything else in my house works except for all of my Roku devices, and I have four. Signal strength is excellent for network, but all my roku devices say download speed is poor even though I repeatedly test my Internet speeds and they’re consistently 250+ MPS.   I can find no definitive help on any of these forums other than “restarting your Roku or your router“. This does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Teejayarr990,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code (Error code 018): How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

Aside from recommending rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
We would also suggest checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips to see if it resolves your issue here: How to improve the Wi-Fi® or wireless internet connection to your Roku® streaming device | Official ...
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.
Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dano5B

I ran into this Error Code also -- but I have no idea how it might've happened.

I tried the trick of running the Roku unit (4660X2) from the Mobile hotspot, and it worked fine -- so I turned my attention to the router.  From the router log file, it looked like there was a problem with authentication on that device...

Instead of playing with different setup parameters, I just did a reset of my router to the factory settings (with firmware updated).  After that, the Roku unit did just fine over WiFi!

Looking back, I think the issue was that I had set the router's Security Mode to WP3, which my old Roku unit probably didn't understand.  When I reset the router, it came up set to WP2 by default.  With the router's Security Mode set to WP2 or WP2-WP3, everything worked just great!

Since I didn't see any other solutions in here, I hope this helps.

0 Kudos