Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Error Code 018

Is ERROR CODE 018 a ROKU code or is that the Internet Provider? They (internet provider)do not acknowledge the error code even though it is associative with a ROKU pop up screen does that erro code mean anything especial to ROKU management?

Thank you for any or all replies.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

@Game_On_Extra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I did reach out. Spectrum demands to obtain the:

Incoming server port

Outgoing server port

Best port number

From Roku deliver that information to me.

I have seen response by representing personnel from Roku. Why not just face the music pal RLP-999 is a Roku error produced message. Just answer my request instead your office continues to pass on giving me what I need. It is a national issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Game_On_Extra 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that error code, you can visit the Spectrum support page here: Troubleshooting Error Codes on the Spectrum TV App & SpectrumTV.com

If you need further assistance with your issue, we would recommend reaching out to Spectrum Support as they would be best able to assist you further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Danny,

Can you tell me if there's a software fix coming for this issue around error code 018?  I have several Roku devices in my home, and all but one of them is working fine.  One of them will not connect to the internet, although i have confirmed that the signal strength in the room is just fine.  i know that the Roku device is capable of an internet connection, because i used my iphone as a hotspot and it was able to connect just fine.  For whatever reason it won't connect to my home wifi.  i've tried every common trouble shooting solution, but nothing works.  i can only conclude that it's a problem caused by the latest software update.

thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

Highlighted
Level 7

I use my Mobil Hotspotot sometimes as well.  Now when I scan for Networks my networks name is picked up but it will not connect. When I try checking the connection the 2 part check results are that it's able to connect to the wireless network but there's no internet connection.

0 Kudos