Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku App & Xfi Pods

Hi all.

Interesting dilemma. I recently setup a mesh network using Xfi Pods from Xfinity. All was working well except for often the Roku app on my iPhone would tell me that it cannot connect to my Roku TV. After some investigating, it turns out that in order for the Roku App to recognize my Roku TV, they both need to be connected to the same Xfi Pod (even though all pods share the same network name). This is a huge inconvenience, forcing me to somehow manipulate which pod both the TV and iPhone connect to (usually by disconnecting both TV and iPhone from the network, reconnecting, hoping both connect to the same Xfi Pod). Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how are you dealing with it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku App & Xfi Pods

i have gery very spotty luck with roku and xfi pods.    if i unplug the pod and connect directly to the gateway. it works fine.   if i go through the pod. it works maybe 50 percent of the time ( and im being generous).   other devices connect fine.    very frustrating

0 Kudos