Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 9.3 firmware made my Roku boxes useless

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 and a Roku Ultra, which are now useless due to the forced firmware upgrade. We were using the Roku Ultra (9.3.0 build 4170-29) but it won't connect to the Internet. The wired connection works fine. Nothing wrong with the home network as all the other devices (computers, laptops, iPads, iPhones) connect to the Internet just fine.

The Roku 3 was on firmware 7.7 and was working. Thinking the Ultra had hardware failure, we updated the Roku 3 to 9.3 and now it won't connect to the Internet. The local wired connection works as I can see the DHCP IP address. Local wireless also connects for either box.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku 9.3 firmware made my Roku boxes useless

Jump to solution

I tried connectivity again this morning and miraculously Internet connection works. This was a Roku issue. Some device failed or someone at Roku made a mistake during the weekend and it got fixed on Monday morning. Of course nothing will be posted..."move along nothing to see here".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried connectivity again this morning and miraculously Internet connection works. This was a Roku issue. Some device failed or someone at Roku made a mistake during the weekend and it got fixed on Monday morning. Of course nothing will be posted..."move along nothing to see here".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

ROKU need to update the Firmware......this is insane.  After the latest firmware update this box is almost useless..........must be time to switch over to to Apple. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine refuses to connect.....ROKU get your stuff together.......No changes in network, location, router, routing tables or settings  WTF!  I am really frustrated.  I need a solution and not a wired one either

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought a brand new Roku Express.  Would not see my Wi-FI network but could see various nearby neighbours' Wi-Fi.  Tried an old access point which had the same SSID and passphrase.  Worked straight away.  Noticed the old access point was using 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi channel 1 whereas my more recent access point was 2.4Ghz channel 13.  Tried changing the channel from 13 to 1 and it worked.  Tried channel 6 and it worked.  Tried channel 12 and it didn't.  Tried channel 11 and it worked again.  So seems 9.3 firmware doesn't understand channels higher than 11.  I'm aware there are only 11 Wi-Fi channels in the US whereas there are 13 most of the rest of the world, including in the UK where I am.

0 Kudos