Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannese
Level 7

Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

My new Roku 4k+ Express keeps disconnecting from Wifi. I can't reconnect unless I reboot the Roku and then it will reconnect to the Wifi and then disconnect again. 

This is the only device on my network having this issue. 

8 REPLIES 8\
schlumpfling42
Level 7

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

I'm having the same problem, need to restart the Roku once or twice a day.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @Cannese

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself. You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Thanks,
Irene

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
schlumpfling42
Level 7

Hi Irene,

At least for me this link is not helpful. I can can connect to the WiFi network. I have 2.4 GHz enabled and it's using channel 6. The Roku is losing the connection in the middle of a show. Yesterday it happened 4 times in an 1 1/2 hour show. After that it doesn't recognize any network ... searching for a network just hangs. No other devices have issues. Only a restart helps for a while, it's really frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@schlumpfling42

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
schlumpfling42
Level 7

Thank you!

Model: 3941X

Software Version: 10.0.1:4180

Device Id: S07P2165FUGA

Serial Number: X0160075FUGA

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@schlumpfling42

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cannese
Level 7

Here is my model info. 

Model: 3941X Roku Express 4k+

Serial Number: X01600JFH5WT

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cannese

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed it along to our Support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos