Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkoeneke
Level 7

Roku 4K Streaming Stick won’t connect to iPhone 11 Pro Max HotSpot

I have 2 4K Streaming Sticks. I’m on 9.4.0 Build 4200-50. My iPhone 11 Pro Max is on AT&T with iOS 14.3. I can connect to my WiFi no problem, but using my iPhone as a Hotspot, it sees the phone as a WiFi connection but won’t connect. I’ve tried the Network Reset, the Change iPhone Name several times, the Change iPhone password several times without any success. 
I’ve seen many issues with this going back to 2019 and Roku Software version 9.2. This sounds like a long occurring issue that has yet to be fixed. 
Anyone from Roku have an actual solution here?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K Streaming Stick won’t connect to iPhone 11 Pro Max HotSpot

For what it's worth, I have a Streaming Stick+ in use on my main tv in the living room where it gets a lot of daily use.  Hulu is one of my most watched channels and I have never experienced the problem you describe nor seen that error message.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
gkoeneke
Level 7

So, you’re connecting your Roku on your main TV to an iPhone as a Hotspot and you haven’t had any issues? Based on the number of people posting issues online with this, even the workarounds are a pain. I haven’t seen anyone post in a reply or an update that they had a fix without some janky workaround like “I reset the network connections and can connect to my iPhone, but if I connect to a WiFi and try to connect to my iPhone again, I have to do the Network reset again”. I’ve tried a bunch of workarounds and it still won’t connect. If you are setup as a connect via iPhone Hotspot, what Roku Software version and iOS version are you on?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

[Smacking forehead]  That was a response I wrote for a different thread and posted into this one by mistake.  

I'm sorry, I don't have an iPhone to be able to help with your issue.  Sorry if I got your hopes up for a solution.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos