Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maryjojo
Reel Rookie

Roku 4K Stick Not Connecting to WiFi

Hello,

I just received my Roku Stick 4K and have tried multiple times to connect to the Wi-Fi. My password is correct and is used for a lot of devices. 

I have received the error: Unable to connect to wireless network (has code 014 in the right hand corner)

ISP is ATT

I have already reset both the Roku and   router 

how can I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 4K Stick Not Connecting to WiFi

The Roku must be connected to power through the Wall Outlet and not the TV USB port.  If the power is not the issue, then it could be a defective router, a defective Roku unit, or both.  I’d suggest contacting your ISP and/or the Roku Customer Support.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Maryjojo

We're here to help!

You've mentioned that your internet service provider is ATT. We would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue. If you need help modifying your router, we suggest reaching out to ATT's customer support team. They will be able to assist you with that matter.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Maryjojo
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza,

my setting are already at B/g/n. 

I guess I need to reach out to Roku directly;  not sure what to next since I followed all the responses.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Maryjojo 

What is the model number of your router?

On some AT&T routers, the 5ghz band is automatically configured and managed to use wireless channels that are incompatible with Roku devices on the 5ghz band. (Roku cannot see or use wireless channels 52-140 on 5ghz band).

If you are unable to change the wireless channels on the 5ghz band, you will need to connect to the 2.4ghz band. To ensure you are able to connect to the 2.4ghz band, you will need to verify that the 2.4ghz band is actually on and broadcasting a SSID. (easiest way is to name the 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSID differently so you can easily see it).  As mentioned, with some AT&T routers, will also need to verify b/g/n mode is enabled as well.

A further troubleshooting step you can try is to disable the wireless password and see if Roku device is now able to connect, both on 2.4ghz and 5ghz. (If Roku now connects, try changing your password to a simpler password that does not use any special characters).

Try connecting to a mobile hotspot if available to you.  If you can connect to hotspot, then narrows problem to a network issue rather than a device issue.

Feel free to update posting or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102