Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku 3900X Died - Error 014.30

Jump to solution

Just within the last week, my Roku 3900X completely failed to connect to wifi.  I have tried all the reset options to no avail.  I've concluded the wifi portion of the hardware is simply dead.

I know this has nothing to do with my wifi or signal strength in my home:

• I have a mesh router system in my home with a node within 10 feet of the suspect Roku.
  • All other Rokus are working fine.
  • When I plug in my travel Roku in place of the dead one, the travel Roku works just fine.

So, what's the next step?  Throw the Roku away?  Sounds like my problem is not unique.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku 3900X Died - Error 014.30

Jump to solution

Danny,

Thanks for your response and apologies for the delay in my reply.

I rebooted my router and surprise of all surprises, the Roku is now working!  Can't say I understand why, but for now, problem solved.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Well, the 3900 isn't that old, so I wouldn't expect it to had died so early. I would contact @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD and see if there's something they can do to assist. While it's out of warranty, perhaps Roku will still help. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Stupid question., are you sure its set to wireless?

Try rebooting your router.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

Stupid question., are you sure its set to wireless?

Try rebooting your router.

Wireless only... Smiley Wink

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Oh yeah.

I did say stupid did I not?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

One might question whether there are really any stupid questions.  That said, I am certain it is set to wireless.

And now for my potentially equally stupid question - when every other wireless device in the house (a couple dozen or more) are working just fine, what technical benefit would there be to rebooting the router?  While I can certainly try it,  seems like a hail mary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Well, yes, that's kind of what it is. Smiley LOL But, stranger things have happened when it comes to WiFi connections. Your 3900 isn't dual band, so it's not a case of the channel changing to one unsupported. Especially since your other Roku devices still connect. But there have also been cases that something nearby was causing just enough interference to make that particular device unable to connect. But that kind of gets shot down because your travel Roku worked in the same location.

Besides rebooting the router(s), you might try the 3900 on a different TV, just to see if it will work from a different location. Again, stranger things have happened...

Dan
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MJP 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

If the issue is still unresolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny,

Thanks for your response and apologies for the delay in my reply.

I rebooted my router and surprise of all surprises, the Roku is now working!  Can't say I understand why, but for now, problem solved.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku 3900X us running very hot.

92-93 degrees and it will not connect to my router. says low signal

Also got an extender to see iff it was a signal issue.

Still will not see it. Smiley Sad

Now in the same spot i tryed a "now tv" box. and guess what it connects fine. and it has good signal.

Now that tells me the roku 3900x is having big issues.

Now i cannot find the box for it, so i can't prove where is was bought Smiley Sad

0 Kudos