Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3710x wireless question

So I have a Roku Express+ that is not working, well it is but it's not.  So only internet I have is my hotspot , that being said I have multiple devices that can hotspot.  The issue is my roku cannot see three of my devices except the fourth device can be seen by the roku. I have tried to factory reset and get the Roku to update and to no avail still cannot see the wifi.  I have tried many variations of the hotspot on my primary device, i.e. changing the Wifi channel making sure 2.4 and 5 ghz were available even tried to force the connection and get error code 14.20. Looking for any assistance on this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3710x wireless question

@Polardadbear 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. We would recommend trying setting your hotspot to only broadcast 2.4 GHz and seeing if you are able to connect.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been all over that forum for troubleshooting and I havent found anything that relates to my issue.  I forced the hotspot to 2.4 and changed channels to see if it helped and nothing still would show.  

I also figured I'd factory reset it and that did nothing more than the troubleshooting I did before that.

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Polardadbear 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos