Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku 3 can't see 5ghz network?

Do you use a Router?

What type and Model number?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks.  I did change the channel and still don't see 5g network.  I have Spectrum internet service, with an Arris wireless router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@bjsbaby wrote:

Thanks.  I did change the channel and still don't see 5g network.  I have Spectrum internet service, with an Arris wireless router.

What channel number do you set it to?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@bjsbaby wrote:

OK, that should be a valid one. 149 or higher is good. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I set my routers 5ghz setting to channel 36 and that worked for me as well.  The 5g network showed up immediately on my Roku streaming stick +. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Awesome, this fixed it for me too ! Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What do you mean by “ change the channel“? The LG tv to which the roku3 is connected to uses the 5G network fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can you explain that in English please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

almost all routers are set to auto-assign the channel. You have to use the web interface for the router to make any changes. Since each brand and model looks different, I can't tell you exactly where to look. But it will be somewhere in the wireless settings. Just make sure the 4 GHz channel you choose isn't within the DFS range, so 48 or below, or 149 or higher. 

I don’t understand the terms I underlined and bolded.  you wrote. 

0 Kudos