I have a Roku 2 XS which suddenly, and inexplicably, stopped connecting to my WiFi network -- I havenʻt made any changes to any hardware or component in my network. When I tried to set up the wireless network connection, I kept getting error message 014 even though Roku found & listed my network router. Looking through the many troubleshooting options, I tried:
1) resetting the Roku and the router, unplugged each from power source then powered up again.
2) did a factory reset to the Roku
3) double-checked the network password
4) moved the Roku closer to the router; that didnʻt work even when 3 feet away.
5) connected the Roku to router with ethernet -- that works just fine
6) checked my router settings on (not on 5G), DNS settings, tried changing router channel settings (11)
7) checked for firmware updates to router and Roku
8-) found & executed suggestions involving secret menu (disabling pings, etc.)
All steps listed above were performed multiple times and in multiple sequences. Nothingʻs worked. Although Roku connects through ethernet connection, this is not practical as the router (in office) cannot be moved close enough to connect Roku to TV (in living room).
Iʻm about to give up, ditch this Roku, and switch to Amazon Fire.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you, dgrace, for your suggestion. Unfortunately, changing the SSID didnʻt work either. So I guess Iʻll be ordering a new Firestick or Roku 3 soon.