Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnmacd
Level 7

Roku 2 (2720 series)

anyone know how to set this Roku 2 (2720 series) up when it cannot connect to my wifi?  Tired of waiting for support....

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku 2 (2720 series)

@mnmacd Thanks for the note here! 

For help getting connected to your wireless network, check out these two help articles for more tips and instructions: 

1. https://support.roku.com/article/115015760328-how-do-i-connect-my-roku-streaming-device-to-my-home-n...

2. https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

These articles help provide guidance for a number of error codes that you may see, as well as step by step instructions for getting connected. Let us know if you need more help from there! 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mnmacd
Level 7

I already tried all this man...  Thank you anyway...

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@mnmacd  Thanks for letting us know. What seems to be the issue you are encountering? What happens when you try to connect? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mnmacd
Level 7

@RokuTannerD 

it just says it cant connect, everything else can connect except for the roku...

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@mnmacd  What error code displays on screen when you say you see a message that it can't connect? Have you tried the steps outlined in our article to help troubleshoot the specific error code you are seeing, such as adjusting the wireless broadcast channel on your router to another one?

Are you able to connect to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mnmacd
Level 7

009 is the error code...  Don't really wanna mess with the router's setting at all...    To much of a hassle to reconfigure each time 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@mnmacd Thanks for the details. Error code 009 is discussed in our help article here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

What this typically indicates is that something in your network/router is blocking your device from connecting out to the internet. This can be related to certain settings related to ports on your wireless router, etc. Typically, you'll need to work with your ISP to review your router, try resetting it, and have them assist you with helping determine what the issue may be. 

Error code 009

• Try step 3 above: This code means your Roku device is connected to the router, but not able to connect to the internet. If no connection exists, contact your ISP for help. If your computer has an internet connection and you still see Error 009, restart the Roku device (see step 5b above).

Step 5b: Restart your router. Check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases it may require pressing a reset button on the device.

A good step to verify your Roku device's functionality is to try and connect it to a different wireless network or router, such as a mobile hotspot. If that works successfully, this helps clarify that there is likely an issue with your router that needs to be addressed. I would recommend following up with your ISP directly to continue troubleshooting, and see what solutions they are able to offer. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mnmacd
Level 7

As I mentioned my router is fine...  I want to avoid resetting it at all costs...

0 Kudos
mnmacd
Level 7

So it turns out after hours of searching, I evidently needed to log into my roku acct  and input a link code displayed on my TV... I never saw a code.   

0 Kudos