Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nostick12
Reel Rookie

Riku Ecpress can't connect to internet after update

Model # 3902 ' Roku Premier

Software verson 11.0 build 4193-91

Issue ID 82-196-982

The service was wirking fine until after apparently an update - ciuld not connect to the internet  I reset the device reset the router for a day or 2 only Netflix would connect - so it obviously could connect to the internet but gir nothing other than netflix.

Doing a reset, now it can't send activation email, doesn't recognize my email, eventhough its the same email address to login into this site

Can anyone help fix this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Riku Ecpress can't connect to internet after update

@Nostick12 

Have you verified that that your 2.4 ghz band of your network is On, Broadcasting the SSID (network name) and that it is set to b/g/n wireless mode/protocol.

Post back with your router model number and ISP (internet service provider) if still having issues after checking the above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Nostick12
Reel Rookie

Thks for the swift reply - Ok - so got an activation code in email - apparently 213 items were updated - however, this time, no Netflix- so now its error 014 - I checked the network, I'm connected to correct wireless network, but not connected to the internet - I don't understand how that can be - 

I'm using a TPlink Archer 7 modem, I accessed it via the tether app, the connection is 2.4Ghz

I don't know how to check if its setup for b/g /

0 Kudos
Nostick12
Reel Rookie

Just checked - roku set up on 2.4Ghz 802.11b/g/n mixed

It just updated for over an hour, how can it not be connected to the internet if its connected to the wireless network and other devices connected to the wireless network are connected to the internet?

0 Kudos
Nostick12
Reel Rookie

Got a firestick and no probklem setting it up or connecting tp the internet while also having the roku device plugged into the tv - then disconnected the firestick but still cannot to the internet via roku - beyond frustrating- it worked fine for about a year, then an offer to upgrade and then problems connecting, just bad business.

0 Kudos
TommieC

Having the same issue. I have roku 3930x that is not loading properly at all today. Both my Roku's started acting up after the last update. Confirmed by waiting a couple days and updating my 2nd roku. Now both aren't staying connected and the 3930x isn't loading the theme is all gray in the background 😞 

After setting the router to split the 2.4 hz and 5g and reconecting to the 2.4 its working normally. Had to resave the theme too

0 Kudos