Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Restart Roku to connect to Internet

@Bdkshsueh  Actually, Roku players are not junk; sometimes issues occur occasionally, and plus, nearly all the Roku players released before 2013/2014 will no longer receive software updates.  I don’t have an internet problem with my Roku 3910 as of right now because the internet connection at my house is great; the last time I had a problem with my Roku was due to a problem with the internet connection.  So, I’m pretty sure you should double check your router/modem and see if your router/modem is the issue.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Sparkle15
Reel Rookie

Appreciate the response. I've checked the settings and they are correct. I have several rokus in my home and have now noticed this issue with only 2/5. They are all the same model and on the same network so I'm only further stumped. This week I'm switching them around the house to see if it is really the device or the strength of the connection in different locations- despite the fact it always shows as excellent on all of the devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sparkle15,

Saw your post!

As mentioned by @DBDukes, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz setting. How long has the issue been occurring? 

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of Network connection issue here: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ... 

In addition, please keep us posted if moving the device closer to your router or switching the location resolves your network connection issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator