Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillfred_
Level 7

Restart Roku to connect to Internet

Recently, my Roku TV started having internet issues where every time I turn on the TV, it fails to connect to the internet.  When I go to settings to manually reconnect to my wifi, Roku just spins on trying to make the wireless connection, fails, and tells me to check a series of things related to my internet (is my password correct, have I restarted my router, etc.).  Since I know this information is all fine, it tells me the only other option is to restart the Roku, which I do, and then the internet works fine.  But this is EVERY TIME I use the TV, I have to manually go into internet settings, try to connect, and restart the Roku at which point it connects automatically. It’s a pretty ridiculous process to be able to use the TV, is there any fix to this?

4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Restart Roku to connect to Internet

Do you have your Roku TV set to "Fast start"?  This should maintain wifi connections between uses.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, followed by Power.
  4. Select Fast TV Start.
  5. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start', and check the box to enable it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
Dbo
Level 8

I have the exact same problem with my new streambar pro. Did you find a permanent solution? I’m sick of restarting the Roku every time. 

Fash1
Level 7

Me too!! I have a Roku Ultra. I,ve never had this problem. All my other streaming devices work great. Except Roku. I have to restart it ever… single.. time I turn on the tv.  It’s gotten really old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fash1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos