Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect

@FPetersV

Thanks for the follow up.

I have already passed along your concerns to our Support team. Feel free to provide them with your other Roku devices information once you are in contact with our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jw626

Roku(2) will not connect to wifi. Both stopped at the same time.

Every other device in my home connects to wifi. Two rokus will not. I've done multiple resets of rokus and router. Contacted Xfinity who were zero help. I tried a factory reset on the rokus and still can not connect tp Internet. I need help!!!!! Please help.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku(2) will not connect to wifi. Both stopped at the same time.

@Jw626, go into your router's settings and change the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.  You can use the Xfi app to do it or log into your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Roku won’t connect but says excellent signal strength

I just started having the same issues.  I have 2 roku pluses.  Was away for a week and came back and both wouldn’t work.  Went through all the troubleshooting for a week.  One responded the other has not and it is closest to the router.  Also have a roku TV which is working fine.  The one that is not working will not run the update.  I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on updating channels for over an hour.  Note I didn’t select other channels to speed the process.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect but says excellent signal strength

@Shelby101999

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model devices are you using? Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @renojim?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ffkimball

Re: Roku won’t connect— having the same issue, need similar help

I am in the same boat as Peter. Tried everything over and over. Who do I reach out to about this?

0 Kudos
MagicMike

Re: Roku won’t connect— having the same issue, need similar help

I had this exact same problem and this fixed it:

under the "advanced wireless" settings in your router

make sure your "Protected Management Frames" setting is set to either "disable" or "capable"

DO NOT! set it to "required"

0 Kudos
TammyBA325

Re: Reset router & now Roku won’t connect

Don't have wifi need to setup my Roku set to set it up n need help n don't have remote for have it on cell phone .so someone please help to set it up

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Reset router & now Roku won’t connect

@TammyBA325

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to connect to a wireless network to setup your Roku device? Please be aware that if you are trying to connect to a wireless network, you will need a physical remote as the ability to use the Roku mobile app requires the Roku and mobile device to be connected to the same wireless network already.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos