Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessicaO
Reel Rookie

Reset router & now Roku won’t connect

My other devices are all connect fine. I did everything recommended by Roku (reset it several times, etc.) I checked & it is 2.4. Tried customer service & couldn’t get a person. Help!

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
JessicaO
Reel Rookie

Re: Reset router & now Roku won’t connect

Also it is detecting the network, just won’t connect. I appreciate any suggestions!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reset router & now Roku won’t connect

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
FPetersV
Reel Rookie

Roku won’t connect

All 3 of my Roku's won't connect. They quit at same time on same day. I have reset router & reset all 3 devices. They seem extremely hot to the touch. Have had them since Christmas & they were working fine until a couple of days ago.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect

What Roku models and model numbers do you have?  Check via Settings/System!/About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
FPetersV
Reel Rookie

All 3 are 3930RW - Roku Express'

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi

@FPetersV

Thanks for the update.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FPetersV
Reel Rookie

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?  We have done everything on this page multiple times.

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
Yes & we have multiple other items in our house that are connected & working. I even tried taking 1 of the units to another location & seeing if it would connect & work there. It did not
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
Yes no change
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 1 device is less than 2 feet from the router the other 2 are within 20 feet
- How long have you been experiencing this problem? Over a month now

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there. 

X00400WDJ7U7 is the one I have with me & tried at another location today the other 2 I will need to get when I get home.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FPetersV

Thanks for providing us with the information that I have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FPetersV
Reel Rookie

The other 2 are:

S013208VSNC9 & S013208DJ7U7

0 Kudos