Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjo1
Level 7

Remote problem

So today I got new internet provider and I don’t have the original remote to hook up my new internet services and my mobile remote can’t pick up my Roku device. How do I fix this problem 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Remote problem

Simple - get a remote.  You can't use any app to control your Roku until it's connected to the network and you can't get it to connect to your WiFi without a remote.  If it's anything but a stick, you can get a cheap universal IR remote that supports Roku.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote.  If it's a purple stick (model 3500), you're SOL.  They no longer make a remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jjo1 

Thanks for the note.

As @renojim mentioned, you will need a remote to set up your device. Please let us know the model device number and we will be able to recommend you the appropriate remote replacement.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

If you are able to configure your wifi router, set it to use tge same SSID and password as you had with your former ISP, and your Roku should connect.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos