Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zfrenchman
Level 7

Remote no longer does anything to the TV

Turning on the TV gets the normal Roku picture but the remote buttons do nothing else.  I cannot select a network because the remote will do nothing.  Is there a way to prove the stick is bad or the remote is bad.  Having had this for less than 6 months, can I return it for a replacement?  If I can, how do I go about doing that?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote no longer does anything to the TV

I hate to ask, but have you tried new batteries in the remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jcrooks
Level 7

Re: Remote no longer does anything to the TV

I have the same issue with my stick.  I lost the internet yesterday and put new router etc into the network.  All my other Roku sticks and computers are linked back up.  From the home screen for Roku , I am frozen with no ability to move down to reset network connection.  I have hit the reset button, swapped the stick for another, proven working one but have same result.  Its a Vizo TV.  Any suggestions?  Stick is 6 weeks old and worked fine before my internet issue.  Shouldn't be batteries.

0 Kudos