Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote no longer does anything to the TV

Turning on the TV gets the normal Roku picture but the remote buttons do nothing else.  I cannot select a network because the remote will do nothing.  Is there a way to prove the stick is bad or the remote is bad.  Having had this for less than 6 months, can I return it for a replacement?  If I can, how do I go about doing that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Remote no longer does anything to the TV

I hate to ask, but have you tried new batteries in the remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote no longer does anything to the TV

I have the same issue with my stick.  I lost the internet yesterday and put new router etc into the network.  All my other Roku sticks and computers are linked back up.  From the home screen for Roku , I am frozen with no ability to move down to reset network connection.  I have hit the reset button, swapped the stick for another, proven working one but have same result.  Its a Vizo TV.  Any suggestions?  Stick is 6 weeks old and worked fine before my internet issue.  Shouldn't be batteries.

0 Kudos