Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodtsd
Level 7

Remote dead, Stick on unavailable WiFi network

My remote for my Roku Stick died some time ago. I downloaded the remote app to my tablet. It worked. Recently, I changed ISPs. I just discovered my Stick is still trying to use the old WiFi network. My tablet remote doesn't work. It communicates enough to tell me the Stick is on the defunct network, but I cannot find a way to connect to the new WiFi network. I have another Roku device with a functional remote. Is there a way to pair that remote to the Stick? How else can I get my Stick on the right network?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Remote dead, Stick on unavailable WiFi network

What are the model numbers (not names) of the Rokus you have?  The model number of the remotes (inside the battery compartment) would help as well.  If the remote you're trying to use doesn't have a pairing button in the battery compartment then it's an IR remote that won't work with a stick.

The easiest thing to do is probably to set up your new Wi-Fi to match your old if you remember the SSID (network name) and password.

0 Kudos
rodtsd
Level 7

Re: Remote dead, Stick on unavailable WiFi network

I was able to pair the other remote with the Stick. I corrected the problem and all is well. Thanks for the help.🤗

0 Kudos