Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJ6YKQ
Level 7

Re: Unable to connect to my wifi all of sudden

I am having the exact same problem, I have reset the router and the roku device and everything else works including a firestick, voip phone, 2 computers and my cell phone all connect to the internet but my roku connects to the router, says that the connection is good but has no internet service.  Every other device shows internet service is up and running.  I have found generally that ROKU devices are cheap pieces of **bleep**, my other one kept saying low voltage even while connected to a rOKU power supply, finally threw it in the trash and got a firestick.  The firestick is well made, great product and I will probably replace this piece of **bleep** with one plus amazon gives support for their firestick and there seems to be no phone or technical support for this piece of crapl  Also I noticed that there is a change in the wireless setup last night - it now asks if you are at home or in a hotel.  I suspect that this change has something to do with the problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to connect to my wifi all of sudden

Hi @KJ6YKQ,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community! 

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having trouble connecting to your home network with your Roku device, is that correct?

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or ...
In addition, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing
- Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network
- What Roku model device are you using?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos