Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ash13
Level 7

Random internet disconnect

Roku express+ had for just under 2 years (no prior issues) randomly disconnected from the wireless last night and we can’t get it to connect back up. All other devices in the house are still connected I have tried all the resets, adding the network all the things that were posted and it will just scan and come up with nothing. Is it just a lost cause and I need to purchase a new one or is there something I can do other than what I have found on the internet? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Random internet disconnect

I've run into this here several times with various Rokus.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos