Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpdoc
Level 7

RV park wireless network problem connecting

The RV park I am in just put in a new tengointernet network, and the Roku can see the network but cannot connect. When connecting my phone or computer, a sign-in screen pops up saying "Welcome to the RV park. Press this button to go online." After doing so, there is good internet access. Because the Roku unit cannot receive that screen, is that why it cannot connect? What is the workaround? Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: RV park wireless network problem connecting

This is a common setup at hotels, dormitories, and other public systems where you have to go to a website via a web browser on a computer or mobile device and log into the system. Once you've done this you can continue to use the net.

The Roku has no browser so an alternate hotel/dormitory method was added to the Roku software several years ago, utilizing a wifi-equipped computer/phone/tablet to connect to the Roku via wifi-direct and use the computer's browser to make the connection.  Some older models, though, don't have this capability and I haven't been able to locate a list of which models do and don't.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

If you don't get the hotel or college dorm prompt at step 7, I guess you have one of the old Rokus without this capability.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos