Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldwhiz
Level 7

ROKU won't connect to WIFI error 014.40. Password is entered correctly.

Jump to solution

My ROKU will no longer connect to my wireless internet. The password is correct. No change in wireless connection.When I try to connect I get error 014.40. I reset the ROKU by onscreen prompts. Still it doesn't connect.  HELP!! My three year old grandson needs to see tractors on NETFLIX! I have also reset my router, no luck. The other night we had 7.5 inches of rain and my internet was out. But I reset it and it's fine on other devices wirelessly. The tv the ROKU is plugged into a surge protector as is the router. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ROKU won't connect to WIFI error 014.40. Password is entered correctly.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. Error code 14.40 is covered in our support resources here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Please correct your network password, and/or enter it again correctly. If you have a special character in your network password, you might try changing this to see if that resolves the issue. If you need more help from there, we'd recommend contacting your ISP or wireless router manufacturer for further assistance. 

Thanks!

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

[post moved]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We would recommending you try changing the wireless password and avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password to see if that clears up your issue.

For more information regarding troubleshooting issues with connecting to your home network you can visit our support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Allen1970
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got the same error, my password is case sensative, no special characters, which shouldn't be an issue to begin with, I checked my modem for correct password, and Roku still won't link with it. 

Are there any other solutions than the old school "power off power on" method?

0 Kudos
Treese64
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have had the same problem. Starting maybe about 8 weeks ago, where my Roku no longer works and gets the same error code. However what I don't see is where Roku acknowledges the problem to help us buyers.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. Error code 14.40 is covered in our support resources here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Please correct your network password, and/or enter it again correctly. If you have a special character in your network password, you might try changing this to see if that resolves the issue. If you need more help from there, we'd recommend contacting your ISP or wireless router manufacturer for further assistance. 

Thanks!

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Allen1970
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the most illogical solution I've ever seen, What makes you think we haven't tried our password more than 5+ times, and reconfirmed said password, Plus, special characters shouldn't matter if all devices to include laptops, phones, and gaming consoles use this password, All but your product, this tells me your product is flawed and has some issues to work out with their creators...

0 Kudos