Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomCorwine
Level 7

Re: ROKU won't connect to WIFI error 014.40. Password is entered correctly.

Jump to solution

@caricell How are you getting to the settings screen? I had this exact same issue. Connects fine, but after software update it will not connect. However, I can't find a way to get to the home screen because I'm stuck on the "Choose your network" setup.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TomCorwine

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TomCorwine
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, @RokuDanny-R , for getting back to me. I returned the item to Walmart and exchanged it for a new one, which is working just fine. I have three of these Express+'s, and that was the only one that gave me trouble so I concluded that is was a hardware issue. All three were hooked up to the exact same TV (one at a time) when I set them up, and all three were the same proximity to the WiFi access point, so there really aren’t any other variables.

It seems odd that hardware would fail in that way, but the results seems to point in that direction. Thank you again for offering help!

0 Kudos
JellyInc
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having this exact same problem with 1 of my 2 RokuTVs. It can find my network with maximum signal bars, but still won't connect after multiple restarts/resets/power cycling of both the TV and router. I even changed my password to not have special characters. All was fine when I bought the unit 7 months ago but over time the connection would drop occasionally to every night to 100% DONE after the last update. I've been on the phone with my ISP, TV manufacturer and router company. Each will send me to one of the other two. Meanwhile, Roku support said they would email me "within 24 hours" but it never happened. Beyond frustrating.

0 Kudos
JellyInc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't know who needs to read this but I figured I'd follow up. I was able to resolve this issue after trying EVERYTHING, including a new modem/router. What I did was change my SSID name to something else. Changing the password alone did NOT work. I hope this information helps someone, someday.

0 Kudos