Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGSterling
Level 7

ROKU wired in other room

My house is set up with all the electronics (stereo, blue ray, ROKU) in a different room than the TV.  The ROKU is wired by HDMI through the wall.

The new Premiere that I recently ordered and received states in the instructions that for the remote to function it needs to be line-of-sight (which obviously isn't going to happen).

Do any of the new ROKU remotes function without being line-of-sight?  If not, I may have to give up on ROKU.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU wired in other room

I believe your Premiere (along with the Ultra and the Stick) supports the enhanced WiFi Direct remote, but you can confirm on your Roku. Look in the Settings menu and find Remote. Look for an option to pair a remote. IR remotes don't require pairing, so if that option is there, then you can buy the Voice Remote on this page

That remote is capable of working through walls, but it's still limited by anything that might reduce the signal. Interference is the usual suspect for reducing range. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.