Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

ROKU streaming stick 3500 won't connect to Network

Jump to solution

MY DEVICE WON'T RECOGNIZE ANY NETWORK HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

I am not using a remote. I am using the app. So I cannot "go into Settings> Network" etc. on my device.I do not have the option on the app. It is either connect manually or nothing. Since it doesn't recognize any network manually or otherwise...Square 1..

I went thru the mobile apps FAQ and got a ton of nothing.

I put in my IP address. Nothing.

Plug,Unplug, Move to different tv, laptop, projector..Yes. Yes and yes. I did that. I did that too

MY DEVICE WONT RECOGNIZE ANY NETWORK HOW CAN I FIX THIS??

I can't talk to anyone. No one gives an answer on email or they stop responding. The FAQs aren't relevant. This is ridiculous

I have been so frustrated by this problem and lack of clear answers and actual communication and support that I haven't used my Roku for months. This is my last resort before I am just done with all Roku products

I assure you I have read all the trouble shoot guides and FAQ sections. So the answer to "did you make sure/try ___?" Is yes, a thousand times over. I want an actual answer for why my device isn't working and clear, direct steps on how to fix it. For some reason dealing with Roku, this seems to be a foreign concept.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU streaming stick 3500 won't connect to Network

Jump to solution

@BT1011 

As @dgrace mentioned, you will need a remote to connect to the network on your Roku Streaming Stick 3500.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 11

Re: ROKU streaming stick won't connect to Network

Jump to solution

You need the remote. Not Roku's fault that you don't have one.  

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BT1011 

As @dgrace mentioned, you will need a remote to connect to the network on your Roku Streaming Stick 3500.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

@BT1011 , you are not using a physical remote but are using the app on a phone? Can you connect to your Roku?

i ask because the vast majority of us can’t even get onto our network with the Roku. As you stated, Roku doesn’t answer and it’s just bs answers. 

if your Roku doesn’t show connected to your network and the app can’t find it, set your route wireless technology to use ONLY wireless G, nothing else and you should be good to go then.

let me know

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I finally got connected. I changed the router connection a bit on the 5g network and got connected!!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny i will be sending you a message now, thank you.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

i couldnt get onto a network with either. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a the same issue l, 3500 stuck on Roku screen not connecting to wifi. I have a Roku remote, how do resolve this?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos