Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim73
Level 7

ROKU stick keeps dropping WiFi

Have been using a 3800X stick successfully for several years, with only a few glitches. For the last week it has become very unstable, dropping the WiFi connection after a few minutes and then refusing to reconnect, even though it finds the connection and reports it as a strong signal. I have rebooted both the router and the stick repeatedly. If and when I do get a connection, it often lasts just a few minutes before dropping the signal. I noticed that this behavior coincides with a recent update. Could that be the problem? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU stick keeps dropping WiFi

Hey @Jim73

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot just to isolate the issue?

Please also provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-TV brand and model and your router's make and model. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos