Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldavid623
Reel Rookie

ROKU NO LONGER NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Jump to solution

i have already factory restarted my roku device, unplugged & plugged it back in, and rebooted my wifi router multiple times. 

roku was working fine for 3 weeks then now suddenly can not connect to internet even though all my other devices connect perfectly to my internet. 

i have been searching through old support posts on here for help and nothing is working.

my roku model # is 3931x

serial number is s0123090rurf

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

SUCCESS!

AT&T gave me a Smart Wifi Extender free of charge so I installed that and placed it next to the Roku device in the bedroom.  Turned on Roku and it's showing EXCELLENT wifi signal so the device is now back up and running.  Not quite sure why this made a difference as the 1st extender is only 10-15ft away.

I didn't even installed the Amazon Fire Stick that arrived so will be returning that.

All I can think of is that an auto update on Roku devices made it necessary for then to need an high grade connection to work so if you have the same problem I suggest adding a wifi extender (or 2 if necessary) close to your devise.

View solution in original post

138 REPLIES 138
set
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same going on here. I have Rokus on 4 TVs, one of which is an actual Roku TV but all of a sudden they all say there is no internet connection when my p/c and iMac are working connected to the Internet and my Fire TV is working just fine and will play Amazon Prime Video but not Roku attached to it.  They were all working earlier today.

Ldavid623
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s so frustrating right. My iphone, ipad, and laptop are all working fine on my wifi.

What sucks about Roku is that they don’t have a live and direct customer service line.

I regret purchasing Roku, no wonder it was on sale at Wal Mart... I got what I paid for... I should’ve bought Amazon prime (which my old roommate had on our living room tv for years before she moved and it always worked perfectly!)

Embolmes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had this issue where it was asking if I was a hotel or dorm or if I was a home I had to go into settings and change my zip code that changed to a different one for some reason and that seemed to work. I don’t know if this is the same issue you’re having but it helped me I just noticed it was the wrong on and it stopped asking me this 

set
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I posted last night about issues with my Rokus.  I've never had a problem with them before & have used Roku for the past 4 years.  The Roku on my 55" LG smart TV works fine.  My Fire TV works fine & is connected to internet but when I attempt to use the Roku on it it says it is not connected to Internet and won't connect no matter how many times it shows my wifi and my password is correctly entered.  My Roku TV doesn't work except with the antenna so I can't use the streaming aspect. They ALL worked perfectly fine until yesterday evening when they all refused to recognize the wifi/password connect. My computers never stopped being connected nor did my iPhone or iPad.  Something is screwed up at Roku and they block you from contacting them.  I've been on downdetector.com and it showed issues last night but again this morning at 6:30 a.m. the problem remains.  I have unplugged replugged HDMI cords/power cords, etc.  My Spectrum internet is working just fine.  All of a sudden Rokus seem to have gone on strike.  This is an issue with Roku and Roku needs to address it! Others have posted they have it as well.  What's going on Roku?

MrEd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This might be of help.
In your router's GUI under LAN or Advanced settings, find the "DHCP name special character state" setting, then choose to “Allow Special Characters” and reboot.

bgbates
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This started happening to me last night. Roku Premier+ has worked fine for years but wireless started acting up.  I shows disconnected and every attempt including factory reset gives the same result.  I was able to get it going with a wired connection but wireless connects then asks if I am at home or in a dorm/hotel.  When I tell it I am at home it connects and then a couple seconds later disconnects.  I have tried forcing new DHCP IP address which appeared for a moment but then disconnected.  I've rebooted wireless router too.  No luck.  Open to ideas.

Longarm73

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Began after 1pm on 3/1/21. Was working fine up until 1230pm that day. Now roku can connect wirelessly but cannot connect to Internet. ISP (FIOS) stated my Internet is fine (I have multiple devices connected, including two laptops that successfully connect to a VPN for work. 

what changed in ROKUs connection process yesterday that is causing it to no longer connect to my internet? 

Using ROKU Express+ since April 2020 

ROKU user since 2012  This is the first real issue I’ve had  

Thank you for any suggestions. 

bgbates
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After entering Wifi credentialsAfter entering Wifi credentialsSuccessful connectionSuccessful connectionConnectedConnectedNot connected (no route to internet)Not connected (no route to internet)Internet not connectedInternet not connected

Attaching photos of what happens when I try to connect. Wireless connection to router is fine but routing to internet does not work.  Wondering if this community forum is monitored by anyone at Roku.

MommaO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with my CenturyLink connection.  I ran speed test and it says I have excellent speed, but one Roku says no internet connection and another one stops and loads several times a day!  This too just started within the last week.  Prior to that both worked fine!