Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb47
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU NOW NO LONGER CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

@Barb47 wrote:

Channel 6

802 11n

OK, that's the 2.4 GHz band. The biggest problem with 2.4 is the potential for interference. There are simply so many more devices on that band compared to 5 GHz. You might try changing it to either channel 1 or 11 and see if the connection improves. 1, 6 and 11 are the three best channels to use on 2.4 GHz. And if your router supports 5 GHz, that's the one you really want to use if possible. Using different SSIDs for each band allows you to be certain which band you use.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
adscherer4

Jump to solution

Hi Danny - I have 2 Roku Premiers and one is working just fine, but the second is not connecting to my wireless internet.  I've rebooted both the television and the Roku, but I have not had any luck with the connection.  My Roku's serial number is YH004V587470.  I even swithed my Rokus between my two televisions, and it didn't make a difference (the Roku that worked before, continued to work when I swapped them out).  The issue has been going on for about 3 days.  

Thanks for your help.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@adscherer4

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GHK60

Jump to solution

This worked. My router does send 2 signals. I moved the TV back to where it usually is and it connected. It was connecting in both places but when I unplugged the Roku it stopped connecting. THANK YOU,

0 Kudos
Marcia1945

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will try that

0 Kudos
Xx4

Re: Roku Express suddenly won't connect to wireless network

Jump to solution

Unfortunately that sounds way beyond my understanding how do I even find this information out?

0 Kudos
ronpar65
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express suddenly won't connect to wireless network

Jump to solution

This box model is bad about this. The box either over heats causing wifi dongle to burnout, or the dongle itself is cheap made junk in first place. Roku, vent holes would be great you know, unless you want your junk to burnout so quick, great for you, us not so much. We don't like it so much having to go out and buy a New Roku every year. Every 4 years is bad enough

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Speak English?

0 Kudos