Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloWorld7
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

Also depending on your roku 5g or 2.4 ghz should not be an issue with connecting to wifi. 5g has it's issues too. 

0 Kudos
Robway9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How can I private message you? There isn't that option when I click on your name.  Moreover, I don't see an inbox in my settings/profile/home page so I doesn't even seem like private messaging is an option.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Robway9

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to send a private message (PM) now? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VC3

Jump to solution

Ughhhhh! Same here, since early March. I thought it was Xfinity, but everything else is connecting as usual and connection/ speed tests say the wifi connection and speeds are more than adequate. Of course I restart router and Roku several times a day- this should not be part of the standard process to use a device. The Roku in question is less than a year old. My old Roku 2 xs worked perfectly for over 5 yrs. Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but it is beyond frustrating (1st world problem much?). Customer “service” plz don’t gaslight us.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@VC3

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you seeing this issue happen with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dragoonrl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues with Roku.  All of a sudden over the past month I have had trouble connecting and then Nothing would connect at all.  I have 2 Roku TVs and 3 roku sticks.  None are working.  All other devices work fine.  I can even use the original smarthub on the tv.  ROKU Please help!

0 Kudos
DHG3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here

0 Kudos
DHG3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Saying "same here" doesn't help. We need to know what model Roku you have (model number), and some idea of your home network would help. If your router is controlled by your ISP or if you can log into it and change any setting. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ski64

Jump to solution

I have  ROKU model # 3900x and everything has been working fine until Xfinity changed my modem to a 5G and now everything else connects except for my Roku????  Is my ROKU outdated for this speed or should that matter?

0 Kudos