Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amr09788

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

Mine has been doing this for the past year every so often. For the past two weeks it has been losing connection every single day. We changed internet providers 7 months ago thinking our internet was too slow. We now have amazing internet and it still won’t stay connected. I have moved that box so many times and it will pick up the signal in one spot one day but not the next and I’ll have to move it again. It makes no sense. I’m about ready to just get rid of all of the Roku boxes and get fire sticks. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
jigzsaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. However I changed my hdmi 1 to hdmi 3 and that was the issue for me. Guess the hdmi 1 was corrupted. 

0 Kudos
LordTarien

Jump to solution

How do I send you a PM?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My answer to every question is yes I have tried everything and not one thing is working. I have the roku Express plus. A hisense 32 inch roku tv and a 32 inch Tcl tv and all of them say connected but no internet. I will message again after work with each items personal information but it won't make a difference. I have already done everything that has been suggested and nothing has changed still. I'm just going to sell or throw away all devices and go with something else because I just don't have time or patience to do this anymore. Sadly people like myself are going to take a huge loss on these items because we won't be reimbursed for the time that we have lost out on. Times are hard enough for everyone but yup it is what it is I guess. Well off to work now and guess I will stop on the way home to see what other products I can buy that won't work. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LordTarien,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Community/m-p/514427#M125...
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
delroy566
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Premier suddenly stopped connecting to my home network.  All other devices in my home can connect without any issues.  I have changed the broadcast channel, reset the access point, reboot my domain controller, factory reset my device, created a new SSID for the device, amongst other things and all have failed to resolve the problem.  The interesting thing is if I turn on my mobile hotspot I can connect to that.  It's also most like the device has blacklisted my home access point.

I have other Roku devices in my house and those will connect.

Does anyone have a solution?  Is anyone using software version 9.4 having this issue?

Thanks 

@Ldavid623 wrote:

i have already factory restarted my roku device, unplugged & plugged it back in, and rebooted my wifi router multiple times. 

roku was working fine for 3 weeks then now suddenly can not connect to internet even though all my other devices connect perfectly to my internet. 

i have been searching through old support posts on here for help and nothing is working.

my roku model # is 3931x

serial number is s0123090rurf

0 Kudos
Braud49

Jump to solution

I love my Roku!! I have had mine for about 10 years with no problem except today!! It was working earlier!! 😩 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Braud49,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What was the error message when attempted to stream the channel? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
HelloWorld7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same happened to me. It is the 9.4 rollout. No or poor wifi. Took 2nd express + that I had as back up- not hooked up. Version 9.3.0 Build 4194 and I am back to Excellent wifi strength. I went through  a lot of troubling shooting before this, that I won't go into. I will say I went onto my modem utilities, channel changing, spectrum (cable), Roku secret wifi screen and changing wires. The only thing that work was the downgrade version. Now here is the problem ! Roku needs to fix the 9.4 version ! They need to communicate with the cable companies including spectrum ( known contract dispute) and find out why their new version is not working w/ detecting the modem's wifi. It is not up to the customers to be caught in the middle! I need it for my 88 yr old mom to watch. I will file a report w/ FCC. We all deserve better ! I am going to purchase a Amazon fire stick for now until Roku gets it together ! I know it takes a lot to develop and code but connectivity issue should be a high priority ! Especially when people have TVs. I use a Sony thank heavens ! The only other solution is hard factory reset through secret screen ever time 9.4 version automatically loads ? ! UGH hang in there ! I will add I check overheating issue too. Also depending on your roku 5g or 2.4 ghz should not be an issue with connecting to wifi. 5g has it's issues too. 

0 Kudos
HelloWorld7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will add I check overheating issue too. 

0 Kudos