Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenH
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

I also lost connection yesterday and cannot restore it.  All of my other devices work fine, so it’s not the internet.  I have rebooted my router, unplugged and rebooted the Roku, did a factory reset on the Roku, and reset my wireless password.  Most of these things I have done numerous times.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
MommaO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all your suggestions with no luck.  I contacted my internet provider and they said my modem is 2.4 GHz as needed, as for channel, it automatically chooses the best one, I shouldn’t have to move the device closer to the tv as I have changed nothing and it was working perfectly before this and I have been experiencing this for about two weeks! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue. Roku has worked for years, but suddenly a few days ago, it just stopped working. The Roku has a strong connection to my modem, but no internet. Result is that no channels work on my Roku device. Have tried rebooting my modem and the Roku, but no improvement. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express and Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RL319

Jump to solution

Danny, how do we PM you? Do you have an email address? I am experiencing the same issue with my Roku Express and tried everything mentioned. Why is this happening all of a sudden? RL

0 Kudos
JenH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It took me a while to figure out how to send a PM so I'll save you some time.  When you are signed in there will be a mail icon in the upper right.  Click on it and start typing Danny's user name.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Can also click on a User's name in the thread...View Profile...Send this User a Private Message.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
pkf

Jump to solution

I sure would like to know what the deal is with not connecting to Spectrum - all of a sudden.  We have two internet providers, Spectrum and Centurytel.  Oddly, Roku will connnect to Centurytel, but not Spectrum.  We use Spectrum because it has more power.  Is there an issue between Roku and Spectrum?  Hmmm?

0 Kudos
tucsongal9

Jump to solution

I bought my Roku Premiere 3 weeks ago for my bedroom. Now, it it won't show ANY wireless networks much less my own. It showed all of the surrounding networks before. My other Roku & my Roku TV are all connected & our phones, tablet & game console can all see the network, but the new one? NOTHING Please help

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have purchased 3 new Rokus, 2 from Roku, and one from Amazon, because of Rokus horrible “customer service”. Not one of them would connect to the WiFi/internet. Roku has an atrocious return policy, and a purposely obtuse, unwieldy return process. DO NOT BUY!!!