Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Hey! I don't know if you still are having issues but, I've been having the same with mine. If it stops working again, Try clearing you're password and rentering it. It worked for me! @BrLA 

Hope this helps you and everyone! - Emily

0 Kudos
Leaderdmd

Jump to solution

Thank you. Restarting the router worked.

Dave

Gloucester, Ma

0 Kudos
efirbs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is happening for me.

My Roku box works on one TV in the house but not another, never had this problem, internet works all fine, even got a new TV.

But my Roku Box suddenly isn't working for my TV in my bedroom!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@efirbs Saying Roku "box" is meaningless. We need to know the specific model number of your player. We also need clarification about what you mean by "not working". Is it solely a network connection problem, or is there something else?

However, if it's working on one TV but not another, the problem isn't with the Roku. It either works or it doesn't. The lack of connectivity in one location usually indicates interference on the WiFi channel. But without knowing what Roku you have, I can't begin to make any suggestions about a possible fix.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
efirbs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express.

My TV itself has connected to the internet as the router is right underneath it. But my Roku Express won’t connect at all to the internet

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Ok. First, there's more than one version of the Express, so the model number is important.

Next, all 1080p versions of the Express only work on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band. Some ISPs have turned the 2.4 GHz radio off without telling their customers. If your TV is dual band, it wouldn't notice the difference and would connect to the 5 GHz band without issue.

On the 2.4 GHz band, Roku devices only work on channels 1 through 11. If your router is set to auto-assign its channel (most are by default), it might have assigned 12, 13 or 14, which your Roku cannot see. So check the channel number assigned to the 2.4 GHz radio, and manually assign 1, 6 or 11 (the three best channels to use). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kbrown65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve had that problem this whole weekend and I was told by a electronics sales person to unplug the tv for 3 minutes then try to connect internet after turning it back on. Resetting the tv is not enough you have disconnect power. IT WORKED.  

0 Kudos
kbrown65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve had that problem this whole weekend and I was told by a electronics sales person to unplug the tv for 3 minutes then try to connect internet after turning it back on. Resetting the tv is not enough you have disconnect power. IT WORKED.  

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Having this BIG time as of late:

Roku Ultra (about 6 months old)

*WIRED* to a Cisco 2960 Catalyst

PFSense Firewall/Router (Ubiquiti WiFi AP, but doesn't matter since I'm wired, nor can I be on WiFi since I'm running 802.1x)

My DHCP server running on a Synology NAS.  (Everything on a IP reservation)

Randomly loses connection *everything* else on the network works fine.

Reboot the Roku, same issue.

Reboot the router and it works.  Rebooting the router is NOT a solution, it is a poor workaround.

WTF is wrong with Roku's DHCP client that is just can't find the gateway???

(Is it too busy scanning my network and reporting back to Roku all my devices and such?  That *IS* in the TOS/PP)

I used to be a big fan.  Can't recommend it anymore.

0 Kudos
junkmail
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My raspberry pi-hole reports Roku as THE biggest abuser of unneeded requests.

0 Kudos