Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

The response @Kmill78  left- I thought this was some sort of joke, like an old school PlayStation cheat code... but it literally worked. Thanks! 😅

KeriBryce

Jump to solution

Did you ever get it figured out ? Mine is doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
KnoxLady

Jump to solution

Maddening I say!  But yes, the Settings restart worked for me.  NOT unplugging and replugging in the Device but the Settings restart.  I then didn't have to reconnect to internet - it found it.  Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
Julz614
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have tried everything. I even have Roku on my big screen TV downstairs, but I cannot get my first Roku Player to work again (upstairs bedroom). It was working for about 3-4 months. Same area. Nothing changed. Except one day the wifi disconnected only on this device and won't connect at all anymore. I even seen this and tried the factory reset. Unfortunately, it did not work. I'm about to give up on Roku. Can't trust it.

axrxla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did this and i factory reset my roku and it still won’t connect to anything. Do you have anymore suggestions?

lauracc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had the exact same issue for about a week now. I am in contact with Roku and they are asking me to return the Roku box to get a replacement. However if the reason all our Rokus aren't working is because of an update then surely a new Roku will behave the exact same way! I dont know what is going on but it is beyond frustrating. I have tried everything suggested on here and by Roku themselves yet my Roku Premiere still wont find my wifi network any more. 

If the issue was by a new update released and installed overnight say, then surely we are now unable to properly fix the issue since the device needs wifi to find and download any fixing update?

dollilocks
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@lauracc I went into my ISP account and searched for manage internet/devices on the network.  I made sure the Roku devices were added and "allowed".  The account will show the device and corresponding M.A.C. address.  Give the device the permissions it needs to connect.  I won't delve into the technical details here.  It's pretty straightforward.

In a nutshell, after attempting the recommendations provided by the product support team in so far as restarting the Roku device; whether it's a factory reset or soft reset, and restarting the wifi, etc... If that doesn't seem to work (IT DIDN'T FOR ME), go and make a notation of the M.A.C. address in the About section of your Roku settings, and then head over to your ISP account and tool around in your manage internet stuff (hopefully your account allows you to do this). And make the necessary permission adjustments (IT WORKED FOR ME) Live support is such a time drain.

I have two devices.  Once I performed the factory reset with the first one, which didn't work, I then went into my ISP account and gave those permissions, EVERYTHING WORKED.  I never needed to do anything to the other device (no resetting).  It re-connected and that was that.

Once you see and confirm the M.A.C. address and ensure the service is set to "allow" the device.  Go thru the steps again (give it a little time to update the permissions), and it should resume the communication and connection with the Roku device.

In conclusion, I will think twice before continuing my relationship with this product.  I've been a loyal user for over 10 years and this has never happened.  Unless Roku steps up to the plate and takes ownership of the joint responsibility of ensuring their product complies with the ISP standards instead of just brushing it off as a "faulty" device (what I was told as a possibility for why it wasn't working) or making it the problem of the ISP, I'm moving on to other products when I am ready to upgrade. 

Who has time for this type of service interruption?  Yes, tech has bugs, but bugs don't crush the competition, only solutions do that.

This pass the buck mentality with brands at the consumer's expense needs to stop.  The way you stop it is by shifting your spending to brands that understand who's really boss (YOU ARE).

Apple TV comes to mind and Firestick.  During this troubleshooting "exercise" the firestick performed seamlessly with NO Unable to connect issues.

Good Luck!  

Lor

Jump to solution

@dollilocks 

I also have a Mac so this is likely the solution I need. Can you break this down for me? I’m not too technically savvy.  When you went to your ISP account and searched for manage internet/devices on the network, where is this? On your Mac? On the Roku device? Can you give me step by step? 

0 Kudos
dollilocks
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Lor 

I have a windows laptop.  Your ISP account is going to be (a cable provider or something like an AT&T etc...).  Go into your account and locate your services.  You will find a place to manage either your tv service (if you have that) or internet service.  You will need to tool around your account and locate network info.  This should show you what devices are connected.  Since the Roku device was previously connected on the network you should see the respective M.A.C. address for your Roku device.  Make sure the network is given permission to allow the device to connect.  The Roku M.A.C. address is in your settings >system "About" option of the Roku menus.

0 Kudos
MMJ

Jump to solution

Doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I try it 100 times.