Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimalso
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Thanks dolllocks, but MAC authentication is OFF by default on our lowly Frontier supplied Netgear D2200D modem for our rural ~6Mbs service. (We have no neighbors or public road within WiFi distance.) We *do* have a few 'home automation' devices on the WiFi.

0 Kudos
Shanpa1203

Jump to solution

NO ROKU IS NOT HELPING. THEY TAKE YOU AROUND IN CIRCLES TO EMAIL THEM. I HAD TO SUBMIT AN EMAIL UNDER THE SCAMS LINK TO SUBMIT MY REQUEST FOR HELP.  THEY SEND AN AUTOMATED MSG, WHICH MENTIONS THAT I CHOSE NOT TO BE CONTACTED...WRONG IT DID NOT GIVE ME AN OPTION..SO IT IS CLEAR THEY ARE GIVING PPL THE RUN AROUND..I HAVE 2 ROKU EXPRESS +...BOTH ARE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD..HOWEVER I HAVE HAD ROKU PRODUCTS FOR OVER A DECADE...POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TO BLAME IT ON THE PANDEMIC IS JUST EXTRA!!!!! SEARCHING FOR ALTERNATIVE PRODUCTS OTHER THAN ROKU..BLACK FRIDAY SALES HERE I COME...BTW I HAVE VERIZON SERVICES AND ITS NO PROBLEM ON THEIR END.

COME ON ROKU STEP UP...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still is not connecting! So frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Nomore1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I really never used my hotspot before till this time and that was because I was trying to see if thier was a update or something on my roku .never gave me a chance to try .actually my cell shows roku connected to my hotspot .but it really isn't idk 

0 Kudos
samietek

Jump to solution

im having this issue as well. it connects to my phones hot spot but for some reason it won't connect to my home internet. I have 4 roku expresses and this is the only one giving me this problem. I tried the factory reset its not working! someone help!

0 Kudos
Ricky1

Jump to solution

Hi mine is doing the same thing I did a factory reset still not working it picking up my neighbors wifi but not mine 

0 Kudos
Nomore1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update on my roku .I don't know how but for just a few min I was able to get a very poor signal to my home wifi .and went into system update it was showing that I all ready had a update that day but I still ran a scan in the middle of the scan update my signal would drop and it wouldn't let me go further .I kept reconnecting even tho it said poor connection some howe I did that just enough to scan that update and it finally downloaded it .still shows poor connection even tho it's really close to my wifi box but at least it's playing idk what all that was but a part of it was a update I'm sure something else is wrong because normally that's a very good signal spot 

0 Kudos
kiacook9

Jump to solution

This worked for me after my Roku stopped connecting to wifi today. Also, BTW, I have Google Fiber so this wasn't a strictly Spectrum issue fyi for everyone. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Daphnie71

Jump to solution

It worked. I'm glad I tried this before a factory reset. Thank you.

0 Kudos
dollilocks
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Daphnie71 That's great!

0 Kudos