Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seadawg1
Level 7

ROKU Streaming Stick Plus

Jump to solution

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ROKU Streaming Stick Plus

Jump to solution

@Seadawg1 Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried unplugging your wireless router, modem, and Roku Streaming Stick from power for a few minutes to fully restart them?

I'd recommend starting there. Plug your router/modem back in to power first. Once your modem and router are fully restarted, on your Roku device, go to Settings>Network>Set up connection and go through the process of selecting your network and inputting your password once more. Then, try streaming content again. If the issue continues, I would recommend contacting your internet service provider to see what additional support they can provide you if your device isn't connecting to the internet beyond your wireless network. 

You can also see more tips for improving your device's wireless connection here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If that still isn't clearing up the issue, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Seadawg1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been using this Since May, now all off a sudden I can not get internet connection. It says it is connected to the wifi but no internet? My ROKU TV is working just fine, my computers are connected just fine,  So what gives? I have disconnected, turn off and back on, reset. To no avail. My wife is not a happy camper. Not able to watch Hallmark. Not happy with me either. LOL

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Seadawg1 Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried unplugging your wireless router, modem, and Roku Streaming Stick from power for a few minutes to fully restart them?

I'd recommend starting there. Plug your router/modem back in to power first. Once your modem and router are fully restarted, on your Roku device, go to Settings>Network>Set up connection and go through the process of selecting your network and inputting your password once more. Then, try streaming content again. If the issue continues, I would recommend contacting your internet service provider to see what additional support they can provide you if your device isn't connecting to the internet beyond your wireless network. 

You can also see more tips for improving your device's wireless connection here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If that still isn't clearing up the issue, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos