Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Private listening Inquiry | Connect other brand headphones

@EP512 

You're running the Roku app on your tablet? And want to use the headphones? Is the Roku app stopping the headphones on the tablet from working? Doesn't the Amazon Fire Tablet have a headphone jack? And when you plug in the headphones, don't you hear the audio from all apps through the headphones? Or am I missing something still?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
EP512
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes  Yes, I tried 2 of the Roku apps from the app store from Amazon on my fire tablet.  There is not an icon for private listening on the 2 apps I tried.  The apps look like the app I have on my android tablet, with the exception of not having a headphone icon.  The fire tablet does have a headphone jack, yes, but I use wireless earbuds.  They work fine with the android Roku app on my tablet and phone.  There is no sound coming to the fire tablet even if I did plug in a pair of wired headphones.  The problem is the app is missing the headphone icon to engage private listening.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@EP512, I do not see the official Roku app in the Amazon App Store.  You won't get private listening with any of the 3rd party remote apps on a Fire tablet or otherwise.  You should research how to get the Google Play Store on your Fire tablet so you can get the official Roku app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
EP512
Binge Watcher

@renojim  I believe you are correct.  The official Roku app does not seem to be available in the Amazon app store.  I may try to get the Google Play Store on the fire tablet.  

0 Kudos