Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William1
Level 7

Premiere setup/wireless problem

I just bought a roku premiere and I’ve been trying to set it up for 5 hours now. It will connect to my WiFi then when it updates it restarts and goes back to the beginning and when I try to connect to the WiFi it tells be it can’t connect I have restarted my device and my router several times and it does the same thing every time. It will connect the first time and update but once it restarts it acts up and I have to repeat it.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Suga55555
Level 7

Re: Premiere setup/wireless problem

Hello William, I am having the same issue. Did you ever get an answer to your question?

Thank you for your help.

marc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Suga55555 

@William1 

Thanks for the notes here. A few questions here to help get started:

- Could you please provide the specific make and model of wireless router you are using? 

- Have you tried connecting your device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs? 

- Are you seeing any specific error messages on screen when you say it won't connect to your network again? 

With more information, we should be able to continue assisting you from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Suga55555
Level 7

1. I have a Linksys wrt3200acm

2. Great idea for the hotspot. I tried that didn’t work.

3. I am getting a error code 14.40.

The Roku connects to the WiFi each time I do the initial setup. Even on the first time I connected the unit. Then it does a system update and restarts then the unit will not connect. So I reset the unit in the back, it connects to the internet does a system update, restarts unit and then will not connect to internet. Does it both with the linksys and the hotspot. 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Suga55555 

Thanks for the update.

Error code 14.40 is covered in our support resources here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please check your network password, and/or enter it again correctly. If you have a special character in your network password, you might try changing this to see if that resolves the issue. If you need more help from there, we'd recommend contacting your ISP or wireless router manufacturer for further assistance. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos