Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichLevow
Level 7

Premiere+ Poor Connection

My association with Roku goes back to the first box released.  I just can't part with the burnt out device and it is still sitting here.

Be that as it may, here is the story.  I currently have 3 active Roku devices in the house, an Ultra, Premiere+ and Express+.  They are all "talking" to a Netgear Nighthawk router.  Yesterday I noticed that the Premiere+ in the living room was producing very poor images when streaming.  I checked the WiFi connection and it was showing poor.  I rebooted the device and nothing changed.  I then tried elevating it and it improved slightly to "fair".  This morning I did a little more troubleshooting.  I moved the Express+ to the same location and it is showing signal strength of excellent.  I also broke out my "dinosaur" 2XD and it is also showing excellent on the same network and the same WiFI channel.  At this point it would appear to be some issue with the Premiere+.  When I go into the network setup, ALL of the available devices that it can connect to are showing poor signal levels.  That would seem to lead to the conclusion that the box has gone bad.  Any ideas?  It isn't that old and I still have the box for it here.  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Premiere+ Poor Connection

Does it get pretty hot?  My Premeire (can't remember the model number) gets really hot and has terrible reception.  I've seen other reports of the same thing.

0 Kudos
RichLevow
Level 7

Re: Premiere+ Poor Connection

No, not hot at all.

I did a factory reset and no change.  I placed another Premiere Plus in the same location and that one gets an excellent signal.  Looks like the device.

0 Kudos