Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaypeek
Level 7

Premier Hotel/Dorm Never Gets to Authentication

I have a new Roku Premier and we get Xfinity wifi at my apartment. I cannot get it to connect.

I follow all the instructions for dorm/hotel mode. I get varying behaviors on the connection check, but when I can get to the dorm/hotel button and do sign in to direct network, I've never been able to get to a log in screen after that. I only get page can't be displayed errors. I've used the different devices to try this connection, a phone, a tablet, and a laptop.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Premier Hotel/Dorm Never Gets to Authentication

@Jaypeek 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what the issue is? Has your Roku Premiere device been activated already? If your device hasn't been activated yet, it will not be able to connect to the Hotel & Dorm Connect.

For more information regarding Hotel & Dorm mode, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

If you haven't activated your device yet, I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot to set it up and then try connecting to your wifi in your apartment to see if it is able to connect.

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
boxt
Level 8

I have similar issue.  My roku premiere is set up for my home and seeking to use at hotel.  My roku is directing me to direct-roku-143-3bcc6c with smart phone or tablet.  When I paste direct-roku-143-3bcc6c into chrome it doesn't take me to an authentication page.  The roku link you sent skips over this step.  What is the correct url to authenticate?

0 Kudos
Jaypeek
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I've activated the device. I used my phone's hotspot to get it initially set up and let it update it's firmware. It works fine with any direct login networks, like several hot spot devices I've tried.

The device, however, does not in any way go somewhere to login to an open network that takes web authentication.

0 Kudos
Jaypeek
Level 7

Well, after two weeks of waiting, I'm going to have to send it back while I still can.

Its a shame that the device itself seemed so nice, but the customer support that might've made it function was so terribly lacking.

0 Kudos