Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Poor network speeds

So I recently bought a Roku express. Up until Monday I had absolutely no issues with it at all, but suddenly I started having all kinds of trouble trying to stream anything. At first I thought it was just a blip but it has become so bad that I can’t stream anything. I’ve tried resetting the device, resetting my router, unplugging my router, unplugging the device, but nothing works. The router is on the opposite side of the wall from the device, our internet speeds are solid (30up/down), I can stream stuff on other devices with no problem. I’m at an absolute loss. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Poor network speeds

@Shmmitty55 wrote:
So I recently bought a Roku express. Up until Monday I had absolutely no issues with it at all, but suddenly I started having all kinds of trouble trying to stream anything. At first I thought it was just a blip but it has become so bad that I can’t stream anything. I’ve tried resetting the device, resetting my router, unplugging my router, unplugging the device, but nothing works. The router is on the opposite side of the wall from the device, our internet speeds are solid (30up/down), I can stream stuff on other devices with no problem. I’m at an absolute loss. Any suggestions?

This sound suspiciously like WiFi interference. Other devices might simply be able to reject the interference better, or simply being in a different location doesn't see the interference the same way. I would first try changing the channel your WiFi router uses. That is done within the router control panel, and I can't offer you exactly where to find it, since every brand does things differently. But it will be somewhere in the wireless setup, perhaps on a radio settings page. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos