Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Please help or I am leaving Roku and I want my money back!

My 3920X premiere has stopped connecting to the WiFi in my house. I have had this issue about once a week, but I have always been able to get it back. However, since Friday night, September 25,2020 that does not work any more. Before owning the premiere I also had the express model that over heats and is destroying itself. The premiere looks like it is stuck in an update and now cannot connect to the internet. Below are the error messages and screens that I am seeing, and yes I HAVE DONE ALL THE TROUBLE SHOOTING THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AND STILL NOTHING! I am not the only one with this issue please tell all of use how to fix this or I see bad press coming your way soon.

7D37B7EC-08D2-499B-8EB5-88D0DA2FBFCA.jpeg75DEF3D2-12FB-4954-873F-8AC5C52317E0.jpeg807801E9-A8BA-4E4D-8180-A18BB2E8E5FA.jpeg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Please help or I am leaving Roku and I want my money back!

This did the trick for me. No help from Roku it’s self!!!

You can sometimes get the previousversion of the firmware during the rollout of a new version from the "Secret Screen" (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice). Choose "Updatesoftware" and it may offer the previousversion as an update.Nov 9, 2019

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

So, I went through all of your same issues and found one solution to my Express.  After I successfully attempted a connect to my mobile phone HotSpot, I knew the issue was with some type of "don't want to connect the way I was before" within the Roku itself.  

I didn't just reset my wifi router, I had to "change the channel" it was broadcasting.  I have zero idea how to do that, so I went into my router (192.168.1.1 is the usual address through your computer browser) and set an additional security measure by turning on the WAP.  It has seemed to work for now.

No help is available from Roku directly on this and I have zero idea if it will be a permanent fix, but hope it helps you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

That's around the same day my Roku player lost connection to my network wifi and I haven't been able to reconnect since then. I've tried resetting everything, unplug-replug, and factory reset. Still cannot connect. IDK, just think that's sort of weird. 

0 Kudos