Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Please fix this No Internet issue!!

Come on Roku! Many people including myself are having issues with the No Internet problem.

If this is your problem, acknowledge it and work on it! If it is a Spectrum issue, work with them to resolve it! It may indeed be a spectrum issue, but you guys are going to take the hit for it. Simply telling folks to check the networking FAQ is not giving support for this issue.

I have a lot of money tied up in Roku devices and TV's. I don't want to move to a competitor, but we need some feedback as to what is going on. 

Once a loyal customer, not so much now....

83 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

Having same problem with express. Seems it started after Oct 3rd update. I have ATT so do not think it is spectrum. Tried everything but factory reset really not wanting to do that. Would like to know if Roku is working on this problem. Would love communication. 

Highlighted
Level 9

I started having the same problem yesterday with 2 Roku Sticks, a Roku Premiere and a Roku TV. All 4 devices have excellent network connection but unable to connect to the internet. No combination of resetting equipment has made any difference. Spectrum is my ISP. 

Interesting facts:

1. Based on another users suggestion, I tried using my mobile hotspot to connect the Roku to the internet - it worked perfectly, so the device itself isn't the issue. 

2. Netflix works (kinda), despite the Roku error 009 (Unable to Connect to Internet). It lags a bit when starting but I am able to stream, which tells me that the problem is NOT truly a lack of internet connection. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I had this problem with two Roku premium devices.  It's not my internet as that is strong.  Why would two devices have the same problem?  I've done everything recommended to troubleshoot.  I'm extremely disappointed that Roku isn't taking calls nor do they respond as they said they would within 24 hours.  They simply will not connect to wireless.

Highlighted
Level 7

I've had the same problem with TWO Roku Premiere devices.  Contacted my ISP and all is good there.  They simply will not connect to wireless.  I tried to call Roku but they are not accepting phone calls?   Seriously?  I've been through ALL troubleshooting recommendations more than several times to no avail.  Why would two devices both have this issue.  So disappointed.

Highlighted
Level 9

Ok, after a long arduous series of troubleshooting steps, I have solved the problem with my 4 Roku devices. The issue was with my cable modem/ISP. I spent most of yesterday and part of the day before going back and forth with my ISP (Spectrum) explaining the problem and they wouldn't accept that the common denominator was their service - the Rokus worked using mobile internet. 

After a point, I suspected that my cable modem was behaving differently (lights were off that had previously been on) so I started down that rabbit hole with tech support. When they were unable to remotely access my modem, I decided the equipment must be the culprit. I switched to a new cable modem and now all 4 Roku devices are connecting to the internet. 

FWIW, the previous modem was a Technicolor TC8715D DOCSIS 3.0 Modem/Router Combo.

My new modem is a Motorola? Technicolor? E31T2V1 DOCSIS 3.1

I truly hope this helps some of you who are dealing with this headache. I'll repost on the other threads that I replied to. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Connection settings gone and No Internet !!!

My SharpTV has Roku built-in and I had the same issue at 8 am on 10-11-2020.   I have had the same connection for several months without any problems.  The error showed no internet connection.  I had to go back into the settings and scan for network connections.  The Roku found the internet connection and I selected the connection that I have always used and it asked for password and password was already populated.  That means it knew the password and I used the password that was already entered and it reconnected and all was fine.  Thus, Roku disconnected and unselected the old wifi connection but it did know the password for the old connection.  Seems to be a Roku issue or an update snafu.  I have a Sharp TV with Roku built-in to the TV.

Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same issue - 3 devices.

I connect to the Wireless network just fine but it will not connect to the Internet.  I have tried everything including a factory reset on one of my Roku devices. 

All other devices in my home are having no troubles with connecting to both the wireless and then connecting to the internet (including my phones, laptop and my Amazon Firestick).

My ISP (Spectrum) says they can see the router in my home and advised a factory reset on my Orbi mesh network.  I don't want to do this because the other devices are all connecting fine.

Seems Like Roku needs to weigh in on thes because it is all over the forum. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Having similar issue. All other devices connect to my Linksys EA6350 just fine. I have Spectrum 200 MBPS. I have a ROKU 3 & 2 ROKU Ultras. The ROKU 3 connects just fine.

The 2 Ultras will not connect no matter what I do. I have done factory re-sets on the roku's and even did a re-set on my router. Very frustrating. When I used my phone as a hot-spot it connects right away and I can stream. Also works when I connect ethernet to the device from the router.  There is no reason that it will not connect to the wi-fi. All other devices connect just fine and connect right away.

Highlighted
Level 9

Well I have an update on my issue where all 5 Roku's failed the Internet connection test.

I went to the Spectrum store and had my cable modem replaced. My old one was a Technicolor TC8717t and my new one is a Hilton en2251. This is the only change I made to my network.

All of my Rokus are now connecting to the Internet again and working. 

Roku and Spectrum better start figuring this out - as I've said, Roku is taking the hit for this problem, and it may well be Spectrum's issue.