Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaenus
Level 8

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

Roku released a BUG in their 9.3 update. 

it broke everyone’s stuff — it’s breaks as soon as the network drops. 

the issue is that the Roku refuses to let go of the old network info.

The only way to fix it is to factory reset. 

Roku needs to fix their stuff!!!

0 Kudos
Jaenus
Level 8

I have DSL thru EarthLink. 
it’s doing it for me too. 
it’ll connect to the modem after factory reset but if the network drops then it needs a factory reset to get back on the network. 

the 9.3 update messed something up bad!

Roku fix your sht

0 Kudos
Jaenus
Level 8

That’s probably what killed it for us. 
It’s not refreshing networks. 

0 Kudos
Ajw1
Level 7

So basically Roku won’t connect to WiFi since last update and there is no support of fix, wth 

0 Kudos
Jaenus
Level 8

Basically. You’re 100 right.  From what I can tell on my issue it’s a Roku/router issue. maybe Roku requires a certain setting and some routers aren’t set up that way??

I wish Roku would tell us. Currently I’m using my Windows 10 as a hotspot for my Roku. It’s working fine while Roku staff figure out the issue. 

0 Kudos
Brandy1
Level 8

I have at&t and I’m having the same problem. I spent an hour on “chat” with someone at Roku who ultimately blamed my “slow internet speed”. I’ve used my device for almost two years with zero problems. I’m thinking it has something to do with the update too but I can’t find a fix. And frankly I’m sick of Roku’s lack of accountability. 

VickyCoco
Level 8

All 3 of my Roku's went down today and now none are even detecting my wi-fi or showing it as an option yet all of my other devices like my laptop and phone are working. WHAT IS GOING ON

0 Kudos
thants
Level 8

Both my Rokus stopped working last night, saying they couldn't see my wireless network. My network works for all other devices and nothing has changed there. Seems that there are previous known issues with Rokus connecting to certain Linksys routers, such as the WRT3200 ACM (which is what I happen to have too).

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Express-won-t-connect-to-netwo...

The lamest part about this is that even if Roku releases a firmware patch, the device won't be able to get it without internet access!

Anyway, congrats Roku, you've really screwed the pooch with this one.

thoroc
Level 8

@thants Did you use the work around in the link you've posted? Are you on stock firmware on that router?

0 Kudos
thants
Level 8

No, I haven't tried switching to 802.11g just yet. I'll try this evening and report back. I'm running OpenWRT on my router.

0 Kudos