Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhioOldMan68
Level 7

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

We have 3 and our Roku TV connects via Ethernet and all 3 give the "No Internet" error.  Come on and fix this **bleep**.

Sun-Son
Level 7

It's an issue with all. I brought a new premiere device, guess what it will not connect to the internet. Does Roku have a hack issue? 

0 Kudos
dardar
Level 7

I have also been have this problem with 3 roku devices. I finally ended up going to spectrum store and exchanging router.  That did the trick! All 3 now "connect to internet" which they weren't doing before switch.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
mal_user
Level 7

I just started having this issue across my 4 devices a day ago.   I have gone through all the steps of restarting the devices, resetting my router, etc. to no avail.   Spectrum support's response is to contact the vendor and yet they also said I could go to the local service store and swap out a modem if I please.   All my other devices work fine, laptops, Samsung TV, Apple TV, etc.   A certainly frustrating issue at this point.

0 Kudos
fujo1975
Level 8

@SomeHuman wrote:

Come on Roku! Many people including myself are having issues with the No Internet problem.

If this is your problem, acknowledge it and work on it! If it is a Spectrum issue, work with them to resolve it! It may indeed be a spectrum issue, but you guys are going to take the hit for it. Simply telling folks to check the networking FAQ is not giving support for this issue.

I have a lot of money tied up in Roku devices and TV's. I don't want to move to a competitor, but we need some feedback as to what is going on. 

Once a loyal customer, not so much now....

ReSmiley Tonguelease fix yer own **bleep** internet issue 

Why exactly do you think Roku is responsible for your network issues? I'm not hearing a reason really. And I'm sure it's a tiny tiny percentage of Roku customers that use Spectrum for internet because someone told them Spectrum didn't play well with Roku, it maybe they had a problem in the past which resulted in them switching to another Provider. So given its an itty bitty hit you're threatening them with I'm really don't think your rant scares them. You have problem with your Network go talk to Spectrum it's their problem, you wanna use Roku, I'd be making a switch to another provider, threaten that to them I'm sure Spectrum is gonna jump right on it if they already haven't I'm sure it'll be soon... 

0 Kudos
SiliconOrb
Level 7

I just upgraded my routers and ran into the good connection but "no internet" issue.  I have several of the Ultras and a Premium stick.  All of them would work for a short time, and then I would see this issue, and no amount of resets would help.

As it turned out, the new router has improved security and BLACKLISTED each of them as having conducted a UDP FLOOD attack.  For me, solving it was as simple as going to the security settings on my router and increasing the threshold for what it interprets as a UDP FLOOD attack, and removing the ROKU devices from the blacklist.  Once I did this, the devices started working immediately.

If you are losing your connection on the SAME router which used to work fine, and no changes have been made to it, one of two things is possible.  A) Something has changed in the recent ROKU update and is triggering the router to see the ROKU traffic as a UDP ATTACK, and your router has flagged the device as a malicious actor and blacklisted it, or B) your ISP has sensed a perceived UDP ATTACK coming from the ROKU devices and blocked internet access.  If your router does not have the ability to loosen the restriction, then a different router will be the answer to the A scenario.  But if no router works, then it may require a call to your ISP to get the devices unblocked and/or whitelisted.

As this seems to be a recent development, perhaps ROKU needs to look at any changes they have made to keep these countermeasures from being triggered by their legitimate traffic.

Hope this helps someone.  I was pulling my hair out until I figured out what happened,

0 Kudos
c4men
Level 8

I am having this EXACT same issue on all my Roku - 3 streaming sticks plus a smart soundbar.

Connects to wireless, but says no internet connection. I have an ORBI mesh wifi router. Everything else in my house connects just fine.

And the Roku's themselves will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not my router.

I am thoroughly pissed off right now.

0 Kudos
c4men
Level 8

Because all of the other 30 devices in my house connect just f'n fine to the Orbi Router which is connected to Spectrum internet.

Only the Roku are suddenly - after months and months of working fine - are giving this same error to tons of people.

Sounds like a Roku problem to me.

0 Kudos
fujo1975
Level 8

That would mean the same component failed on 3 and a different one failed on the streambar at exactly the same time. The odds of that happening are so slim it just isn't possible. The streambar and sticks have different software. But their network needs are completely unchanged. Same bandwidth, modems unchanged and the Roku's grab their internet settings from your router, not vice versa. You can't even change DNS on Roku. The only 2 things that affect all 4 devices at the same time are power and network. You're not having a power issue. The last thing left is network and you can can connect to other networks. The only conclusion is a network problem, sorry.

0 Kudos
Marcus1
Level 8

Exactly and it seems like it only happened after the recent update and everyone seems to be having the same issue 

0 Kudos