Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roysmom
Level 7

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

Same problem here.  No trouble prior to last week when I started getting a message that there was a wireless connection problem.  I followed all on-screen directions and unplugged/plugged in my Roku and router about a hundred times.  Then I got a message that there was no internet connection.  Funny - I have internet on the computer.  Called my ISP and things check out fine on their end.  Now the on-screen check finds I have wireless and internet connection, but will not let me navigate anywhere other than back to the Let's Get Started page which takes me back to the same connection check screen.  One different screen came up with Get New Code, Back or More Options and when I click for new code, it bounces me to Back.   Same deal with no Roku phone calls being taken and I can't even email since my Roku Express is not covered.  WTF?  It's one of your products!  This is like dealing with my state gov't - I'm completely boxed in here with no way to contact them and no way to solve the problem.  Thanks, Roku, from an extremely dissatisfied customer.

OddballExtreme
Level 8

I just tried factory reset and got the exact same problem. Unfortunately, using the Amazon Fire Stick is out because the Spectrum app IS NOT available on it.

0 Kudos
lib45
Level 7

do you have other smart devices in your home like smart fridge tv coffee pot ?

0 Kudos
OddballExtreme
Level 8

Yes, I do. I have a smart thermostat, and that's working fine. Anything besides Roku is connecting just fine.

OddballExtreme
Level 8

Okay, I figured out the problem on my own. For some odd reason, I somehow turned off the Internet access to the Roku via the router controls on my Nighthawk app. Turning it back on just 20 minutes ago, everything is working fine now. My apologies for my stupidity.

SZ123
Level 7

I have the same disappointing issue of Roku Premiere losing connection even though there is nothing wrong with my modem and router. 

Ir still have the same issue even after the Roku reset!!

i have been using Roku for so long loyally but now i am starting to think about switching to other devices like chromecast or fire stick etc.

It is very annoying and Roku does not even care!

Yalda_Bahuth
Level 7

Re: Connection settings gone and No Internet !!!

Brand new TCL 8 Series 65 inch Roku TV.  I have multiple smart devices throughout my home over Mesh WiFi (Orbi).  This TV is the only device that forces me to connect to WiFi everytime I turn it on.  As others have stated, it’s retaining the network ID and password, just won’t auto connect.  I have also completed factory resets and no change.  Would love to see a fix action on this soon.

mbak525
Level 7

I'm having the same problem.  The problem just started today (actually this afternoon) and it never happened prior to today.  It keeps buffering and then it says "no internet connection", I then connect it to my wireless Windstream router.  it works and then it stops after 5-10 minutes.  I do not have Spectrum.  All I have is a Roku stick.  I have googled and see that this is an on going problem.

I've had my roku for over 2 years with no problems.

0 Kudos
Yalda_Bahuth
Level 7

Update 9.4 came out yesterday and has fixed the automatic WiFi connection issue on my TCL 8 series tv.  Big thanks to the devs for getting this issue fixed.

0 Kudos
jodiejodiejodie
Level 8

Roku,

My version is 9.3.

I've lost WiFi connectivity over the last few days now I have found this post.

Nothing changes internally, there have been no firmware updates on my router either by me, or my ISP.

To verify the connectivity issues I hotspot my phone next to the Roku  and it detects the WiFi strength as less than one bar. I have tested this theory on multiple phones for verification of the issue and the issue persists.

I've checked my Router logs and it shows a connection was made from the Roku to my router, then a few minutes or seconds later, device disconnected.

The secret menu is also consistent with lack of connection.

You have effectively bricked by device.

0 Kudos