Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAsmith
Level 7

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

I am having this issue with Roku Ultra connected with CAT 7 ethernet to Fios router.   I stream primarily YouTube TV and CBS all access, it flashes in and out constantly.  I can stream AmazonPrime wirelessly with the apps in my LG TV just fine.  So, it seems to point to the Roku Ultra device.

0 Kudos
pjask454
Level 7

Am I just missing it or has Roku not even responded to all of these inquiries?

I’ve posts from today on other easier topics that “Danny” has already responded to. Seems odd that they aren’t even addressing this issue.

kmar13
Level 8

As of roughly two weeks ago, we are also having this problem with our TCL Roku TV and our two Roku Express devices. In attempting to solve this issue (we have Spectrum) I have contacted Spectrum, contacted Netgear (my router), purchased a Netgear Wifi Extender, and STILL "no internet" connection, despite having plenty of internet connectivity for all the other devices in the house. Is getting a new modem from Spectrum the only answer? Does anyone know what is going on?! Currently I'm plugging my iPad into the TV just to watch TV. ARGH.

RSBRIZ
Level 8

Ok everyone - I had the same issue. 4 Roku devices that connected to wireless but could not connect to the internet but all other devices can. 

tried everything described in this thread ... restarting everything. Taking one device to factory mode. 

i use spectrum as my ISP. 

Someone said the only thing That worked for them was to take their Internet router out of the equation and install a new one. I did this tonight and it works perfectly. Something is very strange in the world of Roku.

0 Kudos
laurp611
Level 7

Re: Danny - Please fix this No Internet issue!!

After having this problem since around the 10th I came here to see if there was anyone else with the issue. It appears so. I have tried to update the Roku and that won't work it says no internet connection. I get the internet connection but then nothing will work, says no connection. It's an endless cycle. I unplugged it for about 24 hours hoping that would help but the problem persists. I would buy a new one but fear the same issue will occur. Nothing has changed with my internet provider and all other devices are working fine on the connection. Roku what's the deal?! 

RSBRIZ
Level 8

@luvdragonx wrote:

Ok, after a long arduous series of troubleshooting steps, I have solved the problem with my 4 Roku devices. The issue was with my cable modem/ISP. I spent most of yesterday and part of the day before going back and forth with my ISP (Spectrum) explaining the problem and they wouldn't accept that the common denominator was their service - the Rokus worked using mobile internet. 

After a point, I suspected that my cable modem was behaving differently (lights were off that had previously been on) so I started down that rabbit hole with tech support. When they were unable to remotely access my modem, I decided the equipment must be the culprit. I switched to a new cable modem and now all 4 Roku devices are connecting to the internet. 

FWIW, the previous modem was a Technicolor TC8715D DOCSIS 3.0 Modem/Router Combo.

My new modem is a Motorola? Technicolor? E31T2V1 DOCSIS 3.1

I truly hope this helps some of you who are dealing with this headache. I'll repost on the other threads that I replied to. 

I had tried everything.  Rebooted, reset to factory, reset my wifi system, every possible thing, but to no avail.

Based on your comment, I replaced by Spectrum Router and the problem was instantly resolved.

Kudos to you.

0 Kudos
ResetIssueCrazy
Level 7

I’m having that same problem with two plug-in devices. My Roku TVs are working fabulous. But the plug-in devices do this every seven or eight days. 15 minutes of unplugging and resetting etc. and repairing doesn’t appear to matter much to Roku.

i’m not interested in having a 15 minute reset process every week do you use these devices. How do I get my money back?

kla163
Level 7

Having same problem with express. Seems it started after Oct 3rd update. I have ATT and would like to know if any other ATT people are having this problem? Also the light that used to be solid before the update now doe nothing but blink. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

E4TA
Level 8

Same problem here and it started over a week ago. Bought a new Roku today. Still won't work. 

0 Kudos
E4TA
Level 8

Comtrend modem/router does not work with the Roku anymore. Plugged in my old Zhone and everything started working again. 

0 Kudos