Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Playback buffering issues on roku express and trouble getting strong wifi connection

for several weeks, my roku express has had trouble keeping a strong connection on playback issues, and it seems to mostly be with only 1 channel, DAZN - a sports streaming device. Live streamed events work fine, but anything I playback that was aired earlier stops to "buffer" (the spinning wheel of death) for a few seconds and then continues.  It does this every minute or two.  It is not my wife itself as all other devices work fine and stream the same app without problem.  I've reset my router, reset roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the channel, moved the roku around, and still the same problem.  The roku works fine for streaming other apps, including Netflix, Disney+ and Prime.  can see similar issues on this forum but nothing this specific and not sure if anyone has experienced this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: Playback buffering issues on roku express and trouble getting strong wifi connection

There is a similar thread with lots of people having what looks like the same problem. 

buffering while watch Dazn

The buffering only seems to happen on recorded events that were live that same day.  Watching live works OK.  Watching the next day works OK. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Playback buffering issues on roku express and trouble getting strong wifi connection

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the problem is not due to network speed or strength.  Restarting, reloading, etc. do not help.

0 Kudos